Saturday, June 16, 2012

California Trip

The day after we said goodbye to Christian, Ruth and I set off for California. Ruthie enjoyed meeting her cousins Jacob and Joshua as well as Uncle Blake and Aunt Sara. Ruthie laughed at everything the boys did, unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them together.

Swinging with Grandma and Grandpa

We all took a quick trip to Avila Beach. Ruth, Sara, Joshie, Grandpa and I enjoyed staying in the shade, while Blake, Jacob, and Grandma had fun flying kites and playing where the waves came in.


Ruth and I also took time to visit with Emily and Eric. Ruth had a change of heart about their dog Claus. She loved him the last time she met him, but this visit she didn't like him at all. I think that she is more aware of his size (he is a German Shepherd) and it makes her nervous.
Aunt Emily and Ruth Emily

We spent a weekend up in Tehachapi with Oma and Boppa. Ruthie loved being outside in their beautiful yard. While in Tehachapi Ruthie got to sleep with Christian's old baby blanket - what a treasure! We ended up using ti for her 34 week picture.
Lots of love from Oma and Boppa

We also had visits with Grandma Mahoney, Aunt Kathy, and my cousin Amanda and her son JD. All and all the trip was lots of fun. Ruthie hit a milestone while in Calfifornia when she got her first tooth. By the time we left she had two. We had a wonderful trip but were happy to come home to our regular routine. 


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures from a great vacation. Love the pic of Ed & Sharon - what is that in his hand? A gavel? Thank you for coming. I hear you about getting back to your own home and routine though. I always feel that way after a trip.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a thumper for this cool yard game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a thumper for this cool yard game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip!!! Wish I could've been there to hang out with you and little Ruth!

    ReplyDelete