B. I reread Persuasion by Jane Austin. It is undoubtedly one of my favorite Jane Austin books. If you haven’t read it you should. I believe that this novel is often overlooked and it shouldn’t be. It is the tender story of a young woman, Anne, who was persuaded not to marry a man she loved. I am sure that you will find Anne as interesting a character as I do.
C. Mom was requesting a recipe so I am including one. This is one that I tried while I was not eating any sugar or starchy foods. It is a very simple salad that is surprisingly filling. You can make a larger individual salad and have this alone, or use it as a smaller salad with dinner. This comes from a Pampered Chef cookbook.Pecan-Crusted Mozzarella Salad
1/3 cup pecan halves
1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
½ 16-oz log fresh mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 egg
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 cup grape tomatoes
6 cups mixed green salad blend
1. Cut and coat mozzarella
Finely chop pecans. Slice mozzarella cheese into eight rounds about 1/2 inch thick. Place flour in first coating tray. Lightly beat egg in second tray. Combine pecans, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in third tray. Lightly dredge each mozzarella round in flower, shaking off excess; dip into egg and them into pecan mixture, coating evenly.
2. Cook mozzarella rounds
Add oil to skillet; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until simmering. Cook mozzarella rounds 1-2 minutes on each side or until coating is golden brown and cheese begins to soften around edges.
3. Prepare vinaigrette and serve
Add vinaigrette and mustard in small bowl; whisk until well blended. Cut tomatoes in half. Divide mixed greens and tomatoes among serving plates; drizzle with vinaigrette and top with mozzarella rounds.
I am surely going to surprise you...I have never read a Jane Austen book all the way through...I am a loser.
ReplyDeleteI am with Katie - I have never read a Jane Austen book either. Love the receint movies based on her stories, but she is way too wordy for me. The salad was wonderful especially the cheese things. I think we should have that tomorrow night.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom
Persuasion is one of my favorites too and it is the only Jane Austen book I have ever read. Did you know that Jane Austen wrote that book based on her own personal experience of being persuaded not to marry and also of being put in the position of being asked to persuade a niece not to marry. Bet you didn't know I knew that did you.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to try the salad. It looks good.
I am going to check at the library for "Persuasion" right away. You've got me intrigued!
ReplyDeleteHello....?....Anybody there?
ReplyDeleteHELLO...hello...hello...ECHO...echo...echo...
ReplyDelete