With the end of the semester Christian's ROTC detachment had its official change of cadet leader ship. When this happens they have a big flight field review thing (I don't actually know what it is called and Christian isn't here to ask). Anyway they marched around on the field and gave out flight awards. Christian was the guidon bearer (Just as a review: the guidon is the flight flag and so the guidon bearer is the one who carries it. They had to use uniform guidons so this one was different than the one I already blogged about). Here are some pictures from the event.
Please take note of that little yellow ribbon hanging from the guidon. Bravo flight was named the honor flight. Later in the evening Christian and two other cadets received Commander's Coins for their roles in the Arnold Air Society Candidate Service Project. The service project was an interactive science fair headed by the AAS Candidates and completed in conjunction with three other ERAU organizations: the Society of Women Engineers, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and the Silver Wings. They had twelve booths that highlighted s topics in the areas of science, math, engineering, technology. All of the booths incorporated demonstrations or activities that the kids could participate in. It was really a great event. Here are some pictures.

Way to go Christian.
ReplyDeleteEvery time I read your About Us post I crack up laughing. Like tears in the eyes laughing. You kill me!