Look at the yummy cake I made!
Here is the recipe if you want to try it (I found the recipe online).
Ingredients
3 eggs
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cups plums, pitted and sliced
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour one pie pan.
2. Separate the eggs. (Do not discard egg whites or yolks)
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Beat in the egg yolks and lemon zest.
4. Stir together the flour and baking powder and then beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. There will only be a little over an inch of batter. Arrange the plums attractively over the batter.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
This looks so good and sounds easy. I need some ideas for our plums and I'll try this once they get ripe!
ReplyDelete