Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our Homecoming Suprise


Well, we came home from California with a surprise in our apartment. (No Tiffany, Matdy was not dead, so get that evil grin off your face!) Sometime in the two weeks we were gone our refrigerator had died. It was not fun! Cleaning it out stunk up our apartment and we had to open the doors to our balcony. Our toes were nearly frozen off in the cold until the smell left the apartment. Our apartment manager was quick to get it checked out (not fixable). It took a couple days to get another one moved into the apartment but at least we are no longer using the balcony to keep things cold.
On a happy note. Yesterday we had Chicken and Dumplings. I love this and haven't had it in a long time. Christian was a first timer and is now hooked. He insisted on a picture.

5 comments:

  1. Oh poor Matdy had to endure a nasty stank for two weeks. Poor Poor possessed kitty probably went even more crazy due to the smell.
    Christian-what do you mean you are not a fan of chicken and dumplings. Mmmmm so yummy.
    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ops! That should say that he is now a fan! Christian loves it. I will change it.

    (By the way - Matdy is not possessed. You are just bitter because she isn't particularly friendly towards you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...I don't think Matdy is friendly to ANYONE (maybe she IS possessed...) BTW - I love chicken and dumplings and have never found a good recipe. Will you email it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a proud moment for me - I actually cooked something for you growing up that you cook yourself and pass on to others. I might need to record this in my journal.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I helped Bobby move out of his "bachelor pad" there was a bag of potatoes that had been left in the pantry by his roommate. It was liquid... sooo nasty!

    ReplyDelete