Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ruthie says...

Three reason I don't like to get shots:
1. They hurt
2. They make me very sleepy
3. I get grumpy if you try to wake me up... so leave me ALONE!










Mommy says...
Ruthie got her two month shots yesterday. She handled the first one well with a short whining protest. The second shot was a different story. She scream-yelled in one big breath that turned her whole face red. When she ran out of air she just froze with her mouth open, eyes shut, face lobster red, and body absolutely still. It was at least a slow count to eight before she started to breath, move, and cry again. She cried through the next shot but soon calmed down once it was over and I could pick her up. She spent most of the rest of the day and night sleeping. She slept through two of her normal meal times (not consecutive) and would cry if she was woken up and then immediately fall back asleep. Today she was much more awake but ran a low grade fever for much of the afternoon and was a bit more clingy than normal. As the evening has come she is much more herself. I  am glad that shots are over for now, though I dread it when they will come around again.


1 comment:

  1. One of the hardest things you will ever do is see your child in pain. Just keep saying to yourself, "I keeping her from disease, I'm keeping her from disease..."
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete