Sunday, March 25, 2012

California Trip

We decided to pack up and head for California for Spring Break. This would be our first road trip with Ruth. We weren't sure how she would do on a long trip so we opted for the travel by night method. W left our house at about 11:30 on Friday night with a snoozing baby and arrived in Bakersfield at about 6:30 am (5:30 their time) with a baby just beginning to stir. It was perfect. I fed her and then handed her off to my parents for some special Grandma and Grandpa time while Christrian and I crashed out. Once we recovered from our drive we were in for a week of family, friends and relaxation as we bounced back and forth from Bakersfield and Tehachapi.

Meeting her Great-Grandmother Ruth Mahoney

Cycling

Learning to Eat Baby Food
Eating dinner at the same time!

Shooting with Eric and Jake

Ruth meeting Claus the dog
While we were in Tehachapi Ruthie discovered a new sound. She will sit on your lap and happily go for five minutes without stopping. Unfortunately Ruthie has a habit of going silent when you try to record her. Christian managed to get this small clip at dinner while we all carried on as if nothing was happening.




2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how stinking cute she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful visit. Ruthie is great company. I especially liked it whent he road back to Tehachapi was closed because of snow and Dad & I got a surprise visit from you three as well as Ed and Sharron. Darling pictures of Ruth eating.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete