We are getting ready for the 4th and my thoughts have turned to family members currently serving in the military: my brother Blake in the army, cousin Patrick in the Air Force, and cousin Brian in the Navy. I am very grateful for their service.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. ~Thomas Paine
Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. ~Louis D. Brandeis
I know that their willingness to serve came from each of their up bringing. I would like to thank my own parents and my extended family for cultivating a love of country and willingness to serve in their hearts.
I think patriotism is like charity - it begins at home. ~ Henry James
Great post - Let Freedom Ring!
ReplyDeleteLove Mom & Dad
Amen!! And congratulations!!!!!
ReplyDelete