I have run out of things to do to prepare for the baby. Do we have baby clothes? Check. Do we have diapers and wipes? Check (although word is you always need more). Do we have a car seat? Check. Do we have other baby paraphernalia? Check (I even already packed the diaper bag). Was there a baby shower? Check (Thank you to friends Steph and Stephanie). Is the baby room set up? Check. Have we attended our birth classes? Check. Have we done pre-admission paperwork at the hospital? Check. I am not sure how many times I can read and reread the last month and labor sections of What to Expect When You're Expecting.
With just over a month to go I find myself very impatient. I just want to fast forward to November. I am sure that every pregnant women goes through this phase but that knowledge isn't really helping me deal with it. I do have one last baby project that will help get me through next week, but after that it is just waiting.
I think you are right – every pregnant woman gets to this point but while you are waiting you can appreciate that you are not sleep deprived yet and that you can go out to dinner with Christian and not have to pay a babysitter.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mom