Yes. It is true. I went to Camp 11 days after I got married. What can I say-it's Girl's Camp. I had a great time working with the YCL's. One of the groups I worked with was the song time group. These four girls did a fantastic job, and I was taken back many years to when I was a YCL song leader with Sarah Weaver. No joke. That is when I first really met and got to like Sarah. If you go back even further you get my first year at camp when Emily Weaver was my YCL (That was the first time the Stake tried the camp by years instead of by Wards. This year they tried it again). Outside of camp, and of course years later when they were living at my house, I never saw them much. Now I married to their brother!
I was also was one of the leaders on the third year hike. My parents led this hike when I was a third year. It has been nice to help lead what I often think of as "their" hike. This is my second year as a third year hike leader. Thanks to Trisha the hike was more of a death march than last year! We hiked in a day most of the old overnight hike trail, as well as up a spur to an overlook. It was fantastic. Our girls were full of energy and I was almost killed by two who had way to much energy. I had to implement the "we stop and wait for everyone anytime we cross a trail or road" policy for "hike safety" and mostly to catch my breath.
The big highlight of the week was when Dad and CHRISTIAN came on Friday night. I admit I love camp, but I started missing my new husband by lunch time on Monday. We entertained the girls during song time with Sipping Cider complete with prop (Christian) and big smooch at the appropriate "sipping cider lip to lip" moment. It was definitely Girl's Camp come full circle because I remember being mortified when I watched my parents perform the same routine.
Oh to have been a mosquito on the tent. What a joy for Dad & I to know you were at Girls Camp having wonderful experiences. You sure brought back sweet memories for us. I would have given anything to have seen you do Sippin' Cider.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom