On the positive side I would like to recognize Christians wonderful ness. He has been wonderful the whole time I was sick, but this morning he really wins the prize. Knowing that I was really worried last night over the whole tonsil thing he got up really early and cleaned the whole kitchen as a surprise! He then got ready and went to his 6am ROTC physical training. It was wonderful.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Quarantine
I had intended for the next post to be about our new city here but a few things have come up to throw me off beat. First, Christian had been sick with some sort of bug. He was pretty miserable I was sticking close to help out. He has gotten well so that's a plus. Then at the end of last week I started to head downhill. I felt terrible and was in no mood to drive around and take pictures for the blog. Yesterday I was feeling much better with the exception of some soreness in my throat that hadn't faded yet. I admit that I was happy to let Christian know that my superior female genes had fought this off illness with fewer symptoms than he did. Unfortunately, when I looked in my throat out of curiosity I found a swollen, white covered tonsil. When I think swollen tonsils I think tonsillitis - that sort of freaked me out. A trip to the doctor today gives the good news - no tonsillitis, and the bad news - strep throat. The doctor suggests that the strep throat probably hit my already weakened immune system. So much for superior genes. This is my second bout of strep in three months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sorry to hear you both were under the weather. Take your drugs faithfully so you will be all well when Dad & I get there next weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetheart you are Christian for cleaning the kitchen, especially at such an awful hour of the morning.
Take care of each other,
Love Mom
Hope you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteI was getting strep at least 4 times a year. It was terrible. I finally got my tonsils out 2 years ago. It was the worst recovery I have ever had. Literally thought I was going to die! But it was worth it. No throat problems since!
ReplyDelete