Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Reading Assignment




First, a quote from Dr. Seuss. He really is a fount of wisdom (and had great illustrations too). Here is a line from Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are.

"Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky!”

Go to the library and take a moment to read this fun book. Celebrate all the little ways that you are blessed. Then follow this advice from Charles Dickens:


“Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some.”



While you are at the library, read through The Giving Tree as well. Remember that giving isn't about what we get back but rather the joy that exists in the chance to bless the lives of others.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right Duckie, I'm really quite lucky! Do you remember the giving tree from growing up? I loved all those Silverstein books.
    Thanks for the Dickens advice - it was just what I needed.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete